We have been using a Call Manager with Unity and now Unity Connection QSIG integration to Nortel PBXs for several years now. In preparation to upgrading to Call Manager 7.1.3bsu2 we upgraded our lab from 6.1.3b. All went well until we tested MWI functionality. SCCP phones work fine but the Nortel MWI does not. Downgraded back to 6.1.3b and all returned to normal.
The release notes reference the Multiple Tenant MWI Service Parameter (CSCsx96370) but it was set to true on rls 6 and is still true after the upgrade. There is also a note regarding QSIG PRI and SIP trunks but our integration is SCCP. I have not had a chance to further troubleshoot but wanted to see if anyone else had run across this.
I don't have any direct experience with an issue like the one you describe, but one of the things that I would check is a comparison of service parameter settings between the 6.1 and 7.1 versions. There are several ways to do this. I use a tool I put together that queries the data on the CUCM platform and puts in an excel spreadsheet. I query the "before" and "after" releases and then do a diff.
For service parameters, you could try the following query on CUCM 6.1 and 7.1:
admin:run sql select ts.name as Service,pc.ParamName,pc.ParamValue from ProcessConfig as pc inner join typeService as ts on ts.enum=pc.tkService where tkService != 11 order by Service,pc.ParamName
You can ssh to the cluster using Putty/SecureCRT/etc. Just use something that you can configure to log output to a file. Then execute the command above. Ideally, you would do this on the same cluster. First, when it is running CUCM 6.1. Then, after you load CUCM 7.1. Use a diff tool of some sort (I used notepad++ for this). Look to see what has changed.
You will see new service parameters, which is expected. What you also want to look for is any service parameter whose default value may have changed.
You may also want to look at the gateway configs in a CUCM 6.1 system versus a 7.1 system. There are QSIG variables specified at the gateway level. As with the service parameters, you are looking for new parameters, new defaults, or changes in defaults.
That is all I have right now. I have used QSIG to handle the MWI integration on a 7.1 system recently, but it was a Unity system integrated with a CUCM cluster and the QSIG was riding on an Intercluster trunk to another CUCM system. So, not quite the same.
Another process I would use in your case is to capture a CUCM trace and an IOS ISDN q931 trace from your lab devices when running 6.1 (which I presume works). Save those traces. After upgrading to 7.1, rerun the test and save the traces for that test. Then compare the traces to see what is different. At a minimum, this will help you stear eyes either to the right area where things are breaking. Whether you follow up on this thread or go to TAC.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...