Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question about CallManager 5.x/6.x phone licenses

I have a customer that currently has CM4.1(3) but is planning to upgrade to ver 5.x or 6.x later this year.

They have just bought a Disaster Recovery site with approx 200 desk capacity and wish to add IP phones to all the desks.

The question is, as the phones will spend 99% of the time idle and not used, do the phones take DLU licenses from the Call Manager when they are not registered?

As it's a DR site it will only be used if the main site is evacuated, and the customer is objecting to the cost of licenses for phones that will basically be unused.

Thanks for looking at my question, and thankyou in advance for any responses...

Phil.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Question about CallManager 5.x/6.x phone licenses

No, as far as I know the phones will not take DLU licenses from the Call Manager when they are not registered

Gold

Re: Question about CallManager 5.x/6.x phone licenses

DLU are used as long as the phones are in CaqllManager DB, it would be used even if the phones are not registered or not being used.

The customer should have bought Phone Licenses for CM 4.1 (Paper License) for that site with 200 IP Phones. So when they would be upgrading from CM 4.1 to 5.x or 6.x they should have the license file for this server. If the customer is going through an upgrade, I dont think he would have to buy new DLUs as he would already have a license for CM 4.x and provided the customer has SASU contract which lets him go through a Major Upgrade

Also, incase the customer needs to buy Licenses and does not want to buy additional DLUs he will have to contact his AM/SE and see if they can provide him Licenses (Free or at a nominal cost). But CM software prespective, if the phone is added, it will need DLUs

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content