cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Cisco ip Phone/ Cisco IP communicator (Very Important)

rafinhasjc1
Level 1
Level 1

Staff good morning!

I'm new here in the forum, try to be as clear as possible,

Situation: User uses the telephone system for private calls and then have some kind of password or lock the machine \ software, however since I use the extension mobility, but is nescessário filter the user's cost center.

Ex: I need to call a U.S. company, my phone is logged in with my username and password, but to make that connection type I would need some kind of code or password that will define a cost center to which this call will be charged, and with I would be that authentication is allowed to do this type of call, blocking the connection if it was a private call for example.

Finally, do not know if this possibility exists, but will be of much help (cost reduction) if I could implement something like that.

* Ps I use the "Cisco Unified CallManager Cisco Unified Communications Solutions For" for the administration of internal telephony.

If you need more information is available to answer everything.

Thanks in advance

Rafael

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Checkout Client Matter Codes and Forced Authorization Codes , if that's what you are looking for.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

I imagine that the tool "Client Matter Codes" going to help,I'm reading about, but I don't know about, give me a direction where should I start?

I need to use Cisco Unified CallManager CDR Analysis and Reporting?

thank you "

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

If you use a FAC code, you can make it so that a particular phone or phones will need to use that code to dial international numbers (for example).

Once they enter the code and dial out using it.... you can bill the relevant people back for international calls by looking at what FAC code was used to dial internationally when you pull off your call reports

HTH

JiriPrinc
Level 1
Level 1

CMC or FAC are the way to go as sugested. However for reporting you will need something different then CUCM CDRanalyses and reporting. Check out some call accounting systems -

http://developer.cisco.com/web/partner/search?text=call+accounting&technologyIds=&subTechnologyIds=&technologyProductIds=&technologyProductVersionIds=&partnerProductFamilies=&verticalIndustryCategoryId=&availableVerticalIndustryCategories=&_regions=o...

I lead one of such products in 2Ring (TAS), so if you have more questions, ask me.

Regards

Jiri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: