Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about CUBE

Hi,

I am newbie on IP Telephony, and i have a question about the CUBE functionality...

i have read the CUBE datasheets and i really don't understand what is the difference between a normal CME and CUBE licensed CME,

for example i have installed a 2921 CME version 9.0 (without CUBE licenses), and i have configured several voip dial-peers, so, my question is what is the CUBE license for?, what could i do with that license..

on my CME the pstn connection are three independent lines (connected to fxo ports). maybe i need CUBE for sip trunk lines.

hope somebody could clarify me this,

regards,

Juan Pablo Hidalgo

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUBE license is needed for any back to back agent functionality, i.e. SIP integration to telco. The CUBE licenses are paper license, so there is nothing that gets applied to the router that would turn it on, but if you are using the router as cube without license then you are braking licensing agreement.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

CUBE licenses are only required if both the incoming and outgoing call leg on the router uses a VoIP dial-peer. Here are some examples:

NO CUBE:

• FXO/PRI to ePhone or FXS
  • FXO/PRI to VoIP (CUCM, fax server, another CME box, etc)
  • VOIP Provider to ePhone or FXS

YES CUBE:

• ePhone/FXO/PRI on CME1 to ePhone on CME2 which is then call forwarded to voicemail as CUE uses a VoIP dial-peer. In this scenario only CME2 - the router with two VoIP call legs - needs CUBE licenses.
  • SIP Provider to VoIP (CUCM, fax server, another CME box, etc)

It's easy to recognize when you're crossed into CUBE territory because you will need the allow connections command for the call to complete.

voice service voip

allow connections sip to sip

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUBE license is needed for any back to back agent functionality, i.e. SIP integration to telco. The CUBE licenses are paper license, so there is nothing that gets applied to the router that would turn it on, but if you are using the router as cube without license then you are braking licensing agreement.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Ok, thanks!!!

Just to confirm, for a voip dial-peer between my local CME and a branch office CME, the CUBE "license" is not needed, is that correct?

regards,

Juan Pablo Hidalgo

CUBE licenses are only required if both the incoming and outgoing call leg on the router uses a VoIP dial-peer. Here are some examples:

NO CUBE:

• FXO/PRI to ePhone or FXS
  • FXO/PRI to VoIP (CUCM, fax server, another CME box, etc)
  • VOIP Provider to ePhone or FXS

YES CUBE:

• ePhone/FXO/PRI on CME1 to ePhone on CME2 which is then call forwarded to voicemail as CUE uses a VoIP dial-peer. In this scenario only CME2 - the router with two VoIP call legs - needs CUBE licenses.
  • SIP Provider to VoIP (CUCM, fax server, another CME box, etc)

It's easy to recognize when you're crossed into CUBE territory because you will need the allow connections command for the call to complete.

voice service voip

allow connections sip to sip

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

thanks Jonathan!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: