cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question about CUCM and Unity Connection

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,  have a quick question here: how does the phone link to the voice mail box in Unity connection?   correct me if I am wrong, my understanding is that it via hte extension, as long as there is an voice mail box with same extension existing in the Unity Connection, the cucm will use that voice mail box for storaging the voice mail.  thanks in advance.    Roy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arunkum3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roy,

In a basic setup, the Unity/Unity Connection recognizes the correct mail box based on the redirect number. The redirected number should be configured either as a subscriber in Unity/Unity Connection or as a Call Handler.

When an extension has the configuration to forward calls to voicemail (noan,cfwdall,busy), the redirected number becomes the extension number.

So your understanding is almost correct. In normal scenarios, the Unity (Connection) subscriber is configured as the same extension. There are scenarios where you can modify the Redirect Number (like using a translation rule) and have a different subscriber number configured in Unity (Connection) and it will work fine.

Let me know if I have answered your question.

Regards,

Arun Kumar MV

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

arunkum3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roy,

In a basic setup, the Unity/Unity Connection recognizes the correct mail box based on the redirect number. The redirected number should be configured either as a subscriber in Unity/Unity Connection or as a Call Handler.

When an extension has the configuration to forward calls to voicemail (noan,cfwdall,busy), the redirected number becomes the extension number.

So your understanding is almost correct. In normal scenarios, the Unity (Connection) subscriber is configured as the same extension. There are scenarios where you can modify the Redirect Number (like using a translation rule) and have a different subscriber number configured in Unity (Connection) and it will work fine.

Let me know if I have answered your question.

Regards,

Arun Kumar MV

Please rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: