Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question about SIP.

i have a question sorry i still beginner in VOIP network,

if we use SIP at 2 gateway and each gateway will connect with ip phone (SSCP) what will happen or what is the procedure that will happen to make call ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question about SIP.

Hi Tito,

Works like this:

IP phone will talk SCCP to CUCM, and gateway will talk SIP to CUCM. When a call wants to be placed, the gateway or the phone will talk to CUCM. When they agree on the phone call and audio is ready, the audio will be passed directly between the endpoints.

If you want more information than that, you're going to have to be much more specific in what you're looking for.

hth,

nick

7 REPLIES
Green

IP Phone controlled by CUCM (SCCP)?

IP Phone -- cucm --- SIP GW I assume

PLZ can u give me more details

please any help

Hi Tito,

Works like this:

IP phone will talk SCCP to CUCM, and gateway will talk SIP to CUCM. When a call wants to be placed, the gateway or the phone will talk to CUCM. When they agree on the phone call and audio is ready, the audio will be passed directly between the endpoints.

If you want more information than that, you're going to have to be much more specific in what you're looking for.

hth,

nick

Thanks a lot Eng.Nick

But if you tell me the full configuration, it will be kind thing.....

Thanks....

Tito - there are anywhere between 10 and 40 lines of configuration on the gateway and pages of configuration on CUCM.

I would start by doing a cisco.com search for 'sip gateway cucm configuration' or something similar.

hth,

nick

Thanks for help Eng.Nick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content