cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question about the output of debug isdn q931

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

HI there,  I have a quick question. when use debug on the voice gateway with above command,  it will display the called number. My understanding is that this called number is sent from CUCM and this number will match one of the dial peer in router and then go throught the voice translation profile, then be sent out to ISDN, am I correct?   if so, which command can show me the exact number after digits manipulation on router sent to the Telco?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Debug voip ccapi inout..if you are using h323 gateway and

debug ccsip messages, if you sre using a sip trunk/gateway

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Debug voip ccapi inout..if you are using h323 gateway and

debug ccsip messages, if you sre using a sip trunk/gateway

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

IN addition you can also use:

debug voice dialpeer

and

debug voice translation

to see exactly which dial peer is matching after which digit and what is being translated to what.

Chris

if so, which command can show me the exact number after digits manipulation on router sent to the Telco?

For an outbound call (from CUCM to ISDN) that would be debug isdn q931 as you are using already. That shows the actual setup message sent out on the ISDN after any manipulation.

Obviously for inbound calls, it shows what you receive from the PSTN before any manipulation happens.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: