cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Translation Pattern!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

For instance, the company will move over the weekend. We would like to everyone from outside world call our DID will forward to mail voice instantly said that "our company will from xxx to yyy"

CCM4.13 and Unity 4.04

DID 212 123-52xx and 212 123-62xx

First: I create CTI route point with extension 1000 and forward all to voice mail.

Second: I create two Translation Pattern with [56]2xx, under Called Party Transform Mask field is 1000 (CTI Route Point).

However, it still goes to user DID instead of 1000. It looks like match most specify one, coz after I change translation pattern to 5211, it will go to 1000.

Anyway, what is the best way to forward all DID to some sort of voice mail say that we are going to move from XXX location to YYY location. I know this only happen after bring the CCM and Unity up again.

Can I ask Carrier to do it for us??

Thanks

Ken

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Ken,

Callmanager always routes by most specific match, It cares about partition order only when there is a tie in the matched patterns.

Create partition P1. Lets assume your internal DNs are in partition P2.

Create CTI route point [56]2XX in partition P1. Call forward all to voicemail.

In the Gateway (PSTN, Inbound call CSS, list only partition P1. Remove P2 from this CSS (temporarily).

This should route all calls to voicemail temporarily. After you move you can delete P1 and the CTI route points and list P2 in the gateway CSS.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus