Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Question about VG224 registering with CM

I have a VG224 linked to the network but seems it has not been able to register with the CM. When you "sh ccm-manager", it shows "registering with the CM" instead of "registered with the CM".

I have double checked its config for CCM hosts, MGCP,and also the gateway config in the CCM Admin. Dind't find anything incorrect.

I do have a question: how does the CM find the device? In case of VG248, CM finds its MAC address, but when I added the gateway to CCM Admin for this VG224, didn't see the field as for a VG248.

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: Question about VG224 registering with CM

You can configure a VG224 as either MGCP or SCCP. For SCCP, you can follow these instructions. They worked perfectly for me.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

For MGCP, the most important thing is to have the gateway's FQDN match exactly what it is on the gateway itself. For example, if the vg224's name is vg224 and there is a domain set as acme.com then in CallManager you need to configure it as vg224.acme.com.

I've not done this with a VG224 yet (doing it this week), but I believe this is all you need:

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager config

It's these commands that will force the vg224 to connect to the tftp server and download the MGCP configs. You will then see a number of MGCP statements added to the config.

Remember in both cases, you have to ensure that connectivity is there, i.e. pinging to/from the publisher, subscribers and TFTP servers.

You will also have to enable "ip routing" in both cases as well.

2 REPLIES
Silver

You can configure a VG224 as either MGCP or SCCP. For SCCP, you can follow these instructions. They worked perfectly for me.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

For MGCP, the most important thing is to have the gateway's FQDN match exactly what it is on the gateway itself. For example, if the vg224's name is vg224 and there is a domain set as acme.com then in CallManager you need to configure it as vg224.acme.com.

I've not done this with a VG224 yet (doing it this week), but I believe this is all you need:

ccm-manager redundant-host

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager config server

ccm-manager config

It's these commands that will force the vg224 to connect to the tftp server and download the MGCP configs. You will then see a number of MGCP statements added to the config.

Remember in both cases, you have to ensure that connectivity is there, i.e. pinging to/from the publisher, subscribers and TFTP servers.

You will also have to enable "ip routing" in both cases as well.

Community Member

Thanks. I forgot to configure "ip domain name". That's why it couldn't register.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content