Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question license SW-CCME-UL

Hello,

I bought an CCME 3845 voice Bundle, and I'm very confuse with the license SW-CCME-UL.

Actually I have 64 licences SW-CCME-UL-79xx and I want to add more IP Phone.

I don't know if I must to add an anoter licenses because my CCME can support 250 IP Phones?

And what is the role of license SW-CCME-UL-79xx?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question license SW-CCME-UL

Hi Pascal,

There are two licenses with respect to CCME and the IP Phones-

1) On the CCME side you purchase CCME feature license, which gives you the entitlement to use CCME on the router for the number of users based on the feature license. For Example - FL-CCME-144 license gives you the entitlement to use CCME on 3845 for 144 ip phones, although 3845 is capable of supporting 250 phones. If you want to use 250 IP Phones then FL-CCME-240 part number needs to be procured.

2) On the phone side you need to purchase a license depening on whether you want to use it for CCM 4.X & earlier or CCME - "SW-CCME-UL". Now when you say you have 64 number of SW-CCME-UL-79XX licenses you are entitled to use 64 IP Phones in your setup. Now when you need more phones you'll be required to purchase more such licenses. So for example you want to add 10 more 7940 phones, you need to purchase 10 number of "SW-CCME-UL-7940" licenses.

Can't help it, this is the way the licensing is...

-> Sushil

1 REPLY

Re: Question license SW-CCME-UL

Hi Pascal,

There are two licenses with respect to CCME and the IP Phones-

1) On the CCME side you purchase CCME feature license, which gives you the entitlement to use CCME on the router for the number of users based on the feature license. For Example - FL-CCME-144 license gives you the entitlement to use CCME on 3845 for 144 ip phones, although 3845 is capable of supporting 250 phones. If you want to use 250 IP Phones then FL-CCME-240 part number needs to be procured.

2) On the phone side you need to purchase a license depening on whether you want to use it for CCM 4.X & earlier or CCME - "SW-CCME-UL". Now when you say you have 64 number of SW-CCME-UL-79XX licenses you are entitled to use 64 IP Phones in your setup. Now when you need more phones you'll be required to purchase more such licenses. So for example you want to add 10 more 7940 phones, you need to purchase 10 number of "SW-CCME-UL-7940" licenses.

Can't help it, this is the way the licensing is...

-> Sushil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content