Views
Helpful
Replies

Question may be silly but its very useful for me

Jeylinux4Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I just want to know any easy way to find available or free Extension in Large Environment Cluster, Everyday i am sorting the Extensions and getting the free Extn to assign for new user,Let me know any easy way for this.. Thanks!!

Regards,

Bala

3 Replies 3

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

How r u sorting the extensions?, you may use the Directory Number or Route Plan Report under Call Routing to list the numbers in sequence

Yes, I am using anyone of above which you said DN or Route Plan report, But if you see other Vendors like Avaya there is a CLI command to find a free Extn or next available extn. I need that kind of solution, any idea?

Jeya,

Unfortunately Cisco does not have this capability and you need to manually track your available DNs within owned DIDs, as already stated the best method is using Route Plan Report. What I train customer is to keep track of all DIDs they own somewhere and then simply look for gaps in Route Plan Reports. For example you own 312-555-21XX and you have 4 digit dial plan, search for all DNs starting with 21 and locate gaps (numbers that are not found or assigned to any devices).

Sorry, there is no cleaner way.

HTH,

Chris