UNITY-MS-ENG Unity Message Store,Eng 2

UNITY4.X-SL-32 lic VM/UM.Incl 32 sess 2

UNITY-UM-USR-E 1 UM for Exchange 60

UNITY-LIC-POOL Unity Pooled License 2

MCS-7815-I2-ECS1?MCS-7815 2

UNITY-WIN2K-ENG Cisco Unity OS 2K 2

UNITY-PWR-UK Power Cord for UK 2

the left column is the part No. and the right column is the description,

my question is that I want a unity failover solution (primary and secondary 7815 MCS's)

and there is an option under the tool which is (Unity Failover Server Options)

it icludes options such as Unity Failover Server-4-16 Ports, Unity Failover Server-17-32 Ports, etc ...

are these failover server options required so that the failover can't be operated without it, since as i know according to the secondary unity server that after u congigure the primary and download licenses, u just connect the seconary (after required install and config) and the sec automatically import the license from the pri?

please help to clarify this point

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: question on unity order!

Hi MS,

You do need to order the Unity Failover Server-xx-xx Ports. The Failover server needs to match the Primary in this sense (so if the Primary is set for 32 sessions, order the Unity Failover Server-17-32 Ports) . I tried to find a document that explains this properly but I couldn't find anything :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

thank u very much sir for ur clarification, but why should I pay this extra money for this failover, wasn't it enough to pay for the ((Unity server license for VM or UM. Incl 32 sessions. of 5000$))!!!

regards

MS,

Thats how licensing for Unity works. If you have 32 ports and 100 users on primary server, you need to mirror the ports and user licenses on the failover server.

Note the change in qties.

UNITY-BUNDLE Unity Bundle 2

UNITY-4.X Unity 4.X 2

UNITY-IP Unity for CallManager 2

UNITY-EXCHANGE Unity for Exchange 2

UNITY-DS-ENG Unity Data Store Eng 2

UNITY-MS-ENG Unity Message Store,Eng 2

UNITY4.X-SL-32 lic VM/UM.Incl 32 sess 1

UNITY-UM-USR-E 1 UM for Exchange 60

UNITY-LIC-POOL Unity Pooled License 2

MCS-7815-I2-ECS1?MCS-7815 2

UNITY-WIN2K-ENG Cisco Unity OS 2K 2

UNITY-PWR-UK Power Cord for UK 2

To the above, add the following.

UNITY-FOSVR-17-32 - 1 unit

UNITYUM-FOVR-USR - 60 units.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Cisco Employee

Individual failover users no longer need to be ordered. Therefore part# UNITYUM-FOVR-USR - 60 units is no longer needed.

The individual user pricing has been moved into part # UNITY-FOSVR-17-32. Cisco changed this pricing last summer.

What about for part #Unity-FOVSVR-4-16? do I still need to also order Unityvm-fovr-user and the number of failover users...or is this wrapped up int the Unity-fovsvr-4-16 part number for 3500 dollars?

(1) thanks Sankar for ur helpful answer, that was really what I wanted to confirm (the quantities) so again:

Product No. Quantity

UNITY-BUNDLE 2

UNITY-4.X 2

UNITY-IP 2

UNITY-EXCHANGE 2

UNITY-DS-ENG 2

UNITY-MS-ENG 2

UNITY4.X-SL-32 1

UNITY-UM-USR-E 60

UNITY-LIC-POOL 2

UNITY-FOSVR-17-32 1

MCS-7815-I2-ECS1? 2

UNITY-WIN2K-ENG 2

UNITY-PWR-UK 2

please confirm?

(2) another issue, it seems that i just have the option of 32 ports or 96 ports?! right? if so what if I need 20 ports? or 120 ports?!

(3) finally, there are 2 options in the ordering tool:

Unity Bundle Options

Unity Server License Options

what is the difference between both? it seems that if i want to order voicemail license I may go to Unity Bundle Options

and if i want to order Unified messaging i may go to Unity Server License Options?

is this right?

please advise

thanks

dear All

any updates please

Sankar,

If you have 96 ports active on your primary server, for the failover license do you just need to purchase the Unity5.x-FO-33-96 for the failover server, or do you need to purchase the Unity5.x-FO-17-32 and the 33-96? I guess I'm asking is the 33-96 license the total license or is it sequential needing the 17-32 purchased first?

Thank you.

Tyler

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content