Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Question surround MRG ordering within a MRGL for UCCX G711 Only system.

I have a CUBE (connected via SIP to ITSP) connected to CUCM via a SIP Trunk. I also have a UCCX G711-Only system.  My question surrounds how best to allocate media resource groups within a MRGL attached to either the SIP Trunk (Region FONT) and the UCCX Trigger/Route-Points (region G711_ONLY).  I have separate media resource groups configured for G729-MTPs, G711-MTPs and X-Coders.  I’ve looked at the SRND’s and did not come across a definitive statement surrounding how best to allocate/order these.  The regions between the UCCX devices (G711_ONLY) and everything else including FONT allows G711.

What is the best way to list the groups within the MRGL?  Should G729-MTP’s always be first? Should G711-MTP’s be first? From what I’ve read X-Coders should always come after MTPs.  I have had issues with MTP allocation failed messages along with DTMF failing and would like to re-do the configuration but have not really found a definitive guide outlining what MRG order there should be on the SIP Trunk, on CTI Ports, Route-Point/triggers etc.  Does anyone have any input to best practices or a link to a guide?

Thanks,

Ken

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Re: Question surround MRG ordering within a MRGL for UCCX G711 O

I dont think the order really matters as long as you have all the correct stuff listed the system will use as needed

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Voice CCIE #37771
Views
Helpful
Replies