Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions on ugprading from CM 5.0(3) to 6.1

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am readying an upgrade from 5.0(3) to 6.1 and had a few questions.

In all the compatibility matrixes i see upgrading from 5.04 but nowhere do i see 5.0(3)

Should it be the same?

The upgrade path i see is, 5.0(3) to 6.0 then 6.0 to 6.1

is that right?

Also the customer said he heard that you lost Data going from 5.0 to 6? I have never heard that? is that true, like losing speed dials, forwarding?

thanks for any help

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

actually 5.0(3) was a testing version and does not have any support, if you try with TAC they'll ask you to upgrade to at least 5.0(4) before they can give you any support

for the same reason there is no upgrade path from 5.0(3), you need to upgrade before going to any other release to at least 5.0(4).

Then you can go to a 6.0(1a) and jump to 6.1

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

ahh ok. This customer put 5.0(3) on right when it first came out.

So the best bet would be to go to 5.0(4) first then up to 6 then 6.1

Would the best path be this

Upgrade Publisher to 5.04

upgrade sub to 5.04

upgrade pub to 6.0

upgrade sub to 6.0

upgrade pub to 6.1

upgrade sub to 6.1

Any shortcuts on loading the sub? maybe upgrade the publisher all the way and do a fresh install of 6.1 on the subscriber?

that sounds like a good plan, regarding the SUB it really depends on if you have the install media of if you're going to use the files from CCO, in CCO we only have upgrade from 6.0(1a) to 6.1.1 so that would require to upgrade both servers at a time.

if you have the original install media from 6.1.1 then you can upgrade the PUB and do a fresh install of the SUB

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: