cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions regarding upgrade CUCM4.2 to CUCM 7.1.3 using DMA

applegreen
Level 1
Level 1

We have a project to upgrade CM 4.2 to CUCM7.1.3 using DMA, and We will be building on new hardwares .our last experience with DMA is it would running more than 12 hours.and a reboot of Publisher is not desirable in our environment too, since our servers are Raid 1, I am thinking about take one harddisk out to put into a same server in the lab, so we can run the DMA based on this lab publisher. I am wondering if someone has tried this before and what cisco's support policy for this one.

The second question is regarding the number of nodes, in the current CM4.2, we have 6 call managers, in the new version of call manager, we are planning only to install 4 call managers. would this be an issue if we use DMA instead of refresh install ?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not sure what Cisco's support policy would be - I would imagine they would prefer if you built the lab server from media and did a BARS backup and restore.

I have done this before, both on physical hardware and VMWare, and have had no problems (well - none resulting from the build process, just occasional database issues with the actual DMA procedure).

The license you get as a result of the DMA process will include the number of nodes you have in your 4.x cluster - so if you install only 4 servers that is fine, as falls within the number you are licensed for. You would want to clean up any config elements relating to the old server when finished though...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Not sure what Cisco's support policy would be - I would imagine they would prefer if you built the lab server from media and did a BARS backup and restore.

I have done this before, both on physical hardware and VMWare, and have had no problems (well - none resulting from the build process, just occasional database issues with the actual DMA procedure).

The license you get as a result of the DMA process will include the number of nodes you have in your 4.x cluster - so if you install only 4 servers that is fine, as falls within the number you are licensed for. You would want to clean up any config elements relating to the old server when finished though...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, it's very helpful