Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

"apply config" button -CUCM7

I`ve seen some info. on this but has anyone got any real examples of where, how it is used. It seems to imply that you make a change on something - DP??? and then only have to select some devices to apply a change as opposed to changing every device. What is the difference selecting the same phones and doing a reset- what am I missing ?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: "apply config" button -CUCM7

Further, it seems that it determines on whether devices require a reset or not and is based upon what was changed- is the case?. So is it that i make a change on say a SOFTKEY template, DP etc and save it then "APPLY CONFIG" it may reset or it not may depending on the change and not as opposed previously with a RESET which did a reset 100%. Apply config will only reset if it needs to do. Question from a change control procedure- "will your change reset phones" -what do you now say -if I click on "APPLY CONFIG" then maybe not- but how do you know which items will result in a reset, restart etc- thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies