cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Auth Fail" error

zzbronski
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting and "Auth Fail" message on a 7965 that is trying to upload the new firmware version 8.5.3 for sccp to prepare for the DTS bug fix when we go to 6.1.4. How can I fix this?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kimble,

We were working on a similar thread last week and the issue turns out to be that the phone firmware needs to be @ 8.5.2 before trying to go to 8.5.3 (I know)this was passed along by Markus :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, I tried that and it did upgrade.

Do you know how to get the 8.5.2 firmware???

I have the same issue with 'Auth Fail' and the phone now stuck in a booting loop

I try to download the firmware (cmterm-7942_7962-sccp.8-5-2.zip)

from the Cisco site and get the message

'Cisco service contract information indicates you are not authorized to download software for the following product(s)'

I have active service contracts for CallManager/Unified Communications Manager, CallManager Express, UC520, UC540, Unity, Unity Express, IPCC/UCCX

I do not have contacts for individual phones.

Surely if the issue is caused by a bug, Cisco should allow people to download the firmware that fixes that bug????

Hi Brendan

Unfortunately this is very common. Cisco tightened up access to code downloads on CCO about 6 months ago which has resulted in a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth from my perspective. The tightened up access doesn't seem to understand when UCSS is active on a contract for example - therefore if my original service contract was taken out for CUCM version 6, I *should* have access to all subsequent releases. This doesn't however happen and I can't get to version 7 or version 8 downloads and causes me a whole load of wasted time and effort despite my service contract entitling me to them (and paying Cisco a lot of money every year for the privelege).

If you have a valid service contract for telephony platforms, then you should be able to download handset firmware. On the error message you mention above there is a contact email - if you drop them a line with your details, service contract numbers and the file you want to download, they should make the file available to you.

HTH. Barry