Views
Helpful
Replies

"Jabber windows" Unable to communicate with the server

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have set up presence and Jabber 2 days back and i tested everything for 2 users and it was perfect, after 2 days i came to finalize by adding more users before adding i tried to login by same users but and i am not able to login. I get the below error at the prompt.

Unable  to communcate with the server.

I went to many forums and i found the below but it is perfect in my environment.

I changed presence server name to IP though my server name was pingable by name.

I restarted the server XCP router service also.

How more troubleshooting i can do please.

12 Replies 12

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Anybody can help where things are missing,

My FQDN is pinging and reverse loopup also working perfect ip to name and name to ip, also i cahnged the hostname to IP, but still the status is same.

I have uploaded the licenses but still it shows me for the user  as jabber unlicensed,

Please find the attached.

Thanks

Hi Jack,

A few things that you can check.

>> Is the "Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence" option checked under End user page on CUCM ?

>>  Are you able to telnet into CUPS on port 5222 ?

>> Has the CUPS server been restarted yet ?

Manish

Hello Manish,

>> Is the "Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence" option checked under End user page on CUCM ?

The option is for 9.1 i am using 8.6 CUCM

>>  Are you able to telnet into CUPS on port 5222 ?

yes i am able to telnet from the jabber client PC

>> Has the CUPS server been restarted yet ?

yes it has restarted many times.

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Are the capabilities assigned under System > Licensing > Capabilities Assignment?

Manish

Dear Manish,

I have done that.

please have a look on the logs which i pulled from jabber client PC which is not abel to download jabber config xml file from the the TFTP server it is saying file not found,

How can i get the file

Can you check if the jabber-config.xml file is present under the Publisher OS admin page > TFTP file management

If not, we first need to upload the jabber-config.xml on the callmanager servers.

Use the following link to create your own jabber-config.xml

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25778

Additional information at the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01010.html#JABW_RF_C212F571_00

Once the xml file is created ,  go to CUCM OS Administration page - Software Upgrade ---TFTP File Management and upload the file created .

Then restart the TFTP service and login into jabber.

Manish

Dear Manish

But i have seen other CUCM where Cisco Presences is integrated with CUCM in their TFTP also i didnt see any jabber.config.xml file, I think when we need jabber.config.xml file when we need to customize jabber. please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Dear,

Any update for the query above.

Thanks

Hi Jack,

If no one else responds, I would suggest engaging TAC at this point of time to check the config through webex and collect the required logs to troubleshoot further.

Manish

Hi

can you share with us the Application server configuration under CUCM , i hope that you configure Cisco unified presence with the IP address of the presence not the name of the prescense server.So on the CUCM & prescense make the prescense server using IP address and test.Please on the jabber logon typr the IP address of the prescense not the name and test we hope to get your feedback from you to share other ideas . I hope if this not working please share the domain proxy which configured on your Presence , screenshot fot your (Jabber logon credentials, Application server configuration under CUCM , Prescense configuration).Please also try to restart all server from SSH finally.

Thank you

please rate all useful infomration

Dear Islam,

Please find the attached.

When i click on the user in the user managment of Presence server the user is seen as jabber unlicensed please fnd the attached screenshot. And also if you see the attached logs in previous post on one of the  [ WARN] line i see the licenses error. But i spoke to cisco they say that the license the correct.

please confirm what i am thinking is correct.

can you share with us the Application server configuration under CUCM , i  hope that you configure Cisco unified presence with the IP address of  the presence not the name of the prescense server.So on the CUCM &  prescense make the prescense server using IP address and test

yes it is an ip address and also the name is pinging  i have added in forward and reverse look zone of DNS.

Please on the jabber logon typr the IP address of the prescense not the  name and test we hope to get your feedback from you to share other ideas 

I have done this before but still the same

. I hope if this not working please share the domain proxy which configured on your Presence 

i have not confgured any domain proxy, what i have to confgure here.

screenshot fot your (Jabber logon credentials, Application server configuration under CUCM , Prescense configuration

will send once i reached office.

Please also try to restart all server from SSH finally.

i have done several times

Hi

If all  your configuration is ok , please find the below bug which i found for your issue for jabber unlicensed:-

CSCto08640 Bug Details

Some users are unlicensed but assigned
Symptom:

Some users are appeared to be unlicensed but assigned.

Conditions:

This issue is seen in intercluster deployment.

Workaround:

Here are the steps to remove those users:

1.     Restart SA to get up-to-date information on enduserlicense table. You can confirm that SA completed the sync on the CUP GUI: System -> CUCM Publisher. Field: Sync Status - it will show the date and time of the last complete sync.
2.     Create the stored procedure using dbaccess (need remote access):

a)     su - informix
b)     dbaccess
c)     Choose the db (first option)
d)     Choose Editor
e)     Type 'i' to insert text
f)     Copy and paste the following stored procedure :

==================================
--drop procedure getuserlist_dounassign;
create procedure getuserlist_dounassign()
returning
VARCHAR(36) AS pkid,
varchar(128) AS userid,
int as primarynodeid

define _pkid like enduser.pkid;
define _userid like enduser.userid;
define _primarynodeid like enduser.primarynodeid;

foreach select pkid,userid,primarynodeid into _pkid,_userid,_primarynodeid from enduser where primarynodeid is not null and tkuserprofile =1
IF (NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM enduserlicense WHERE fkenduser = _pkid AND enablecups = 't')) THEN
execute procedure removeUser(_userid);
return _pkid,_userid,_primarynodeid with resume;
END IF;

end foreach

end procedure;
==================================

g)     Save
h)     Run once to create the stored procedure
i)     Then run the SQL query: >execute procedure getuserlist_dounassign()

Can you check also that all services are activated?.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: