cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Services Host Not Found" while phone is on hook

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

My client has several phones that display this error message while on hook.  I have used the web interface to the phones in question and the Information, Directories, and Services URLs are all by IP address, not by by host name.

Phones function correctly, just have this error message on the idle display.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you have an 'Idle URL' configured on the phones or the enterprise parameters page?

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron -

Thanks for the reply.  Im sorry, I should have included that bit of information in the original question.  No, there is no idle url configured on the phone, nor on the enterprise parameters.

Jeff

If its occurring on all the phones, try restarting the TomCat service through the CLI and see if it clears it up.  Also, if there is no Idle URL configured, try setting the Idle URL Time to "0"

No, its not happening on all phones, only a select few and all located at the same geographic location.  Not limited to model (7911s and 7962s).

Idle URL timeout is already set to 0

Hi Jeff

Maybe turn on 'span to pc port' and 'pc port vlan access' and run a wireshark trace on the pc port of the phone. You may see some XML commands being sent in to the phone from an application of some sort. If not, you should at least see what URL the phone is trying to reach which should give you a clue!

Alternately try browsing to the phone and check the console logs for any entries suggesting what it it trying to reach.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: