Views
Helpful
Replies

"Span to PC" change value for several phones at once

chrisluven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have to change this value from "false" to "true" for about 75 phones in my environment.

Is there a way to do that without touching and resetting every phone by hand?

I just had a look to bulk administration , but it seems as if there is no way to change this field.

Has anyone a hint or idee on this problem?

greetings

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Look at Phones > Update Phones. The Excel spreadsheet does not contain every setting available!

You use a Phone Template when adding phones initially to set these things. The spreadsheet contains the values that unique to each phone (MAC, description, Owner User ID, etc) and the Phone Template sets everything else.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

what version of CUCM are you running? the "Span to PC" field is available in BAT from at least version 6.0.1

regards,

Paul

Sorry I forgot: it's a 6.1.3 :-) maybe I looked at the wrong menu-point.

greetings

Chris

So,

just a small negative update.

I just had a look at the BAT spreadsheet (phones->create file format).

No possibility to set the"span to pc" field to enabled or disabled.

Look at Phones > Update Phones. The Excel spreadsheet does not contain every setting available!

You use a Phone Template when adding phones initially to set these things. The spreadsheet contains the values that unique to each phone (MAC, description, Owner User ID, etc) and the Phone Template sets everything else.

Wow thank you very much!!! That was a point I didn't watch.

I always look for the phones in general or the BAT.

greetings

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: