Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RBAC error in Exchange 2010

I am trying to track down the issue with an exchange server that seems to be caused by a unity connection servers.

We are seeing constant "RBAC Authorization returns Access Denied for user" errors in the event logs. I believe this is related to Unity Connection as this is happening on on the Exchange servers only in the W3wp.exe process.

Exchange Version:               14.03.0123.003 (Exchange 2010 SP3)

Unity Connection Version:      9.1.1.10000-32

I have attached a screen shot of the windows error we are getting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Michael

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Silver

RBAC error in Exchange 2010

Hello Jon,

For this error is the message for the user configured on the UM service side of CUC or is it a regular mailbox user?

If it is the user created for the integration make sure the impersonation was assigned accordingly:

Check for>>  

Assigning the Application Impersonation Management Role to Unified Messaging Services Accounts for Cisco Unity Connection 8.5 and Later (Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2010 Only)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg020.html#wp1195262

Also what type of authentication are you using for the integration, have you tried testing with other authentication options to confirm if the behaviour changes?

-DrP

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.