cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RBAC error in Exchange 2010

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to track down the issue with an exchange server that seems to be caused by a unity connection servers.

We are seeing constant "RBAC Authorization returns Access Denied for user" errors in the event logs. I believe this is related to Unity Connection as this is happening on on the Exchange servers only in the W3wp.exe process.

Exchange Version:               14.03.0123.003 (Exchange 2010 SP3)

Unity Connection Version:      9.1.1.10000-32

I have attached a screen shot of the windows error we are getting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Michael

1 Reply 1

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jon,

For this error is the message for the user configured on the UM service side of CUC or is it a regular mailbox user?

If it is the user created for the integration make sure the impersonation was assigned accordingly:

Check for>>  

Assigning the Application Impersonation Management Role to Unified Messaging Services Accounts for Cisco Unity Connection 8.5 and Later (Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2010 Only)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg020.html#wp1195262

Also what type of authentication are you using for the integration, have you tried testing with other authentication options to confirm if the behaviour changes?

-DrP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: