Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RDNIS over ICT

Hi Everyone,

I am preparing to migrate users from a CCM 3 to CUCM 6 Cluster using a site-by-site migration as opposed to a big bang.

The Customer also has Unity Unified Messaging and a new pair of Unity 5 Servers is to be integrated with the new CUCM 6 cluster and AD. My intention is to migrate all users off a legacy Unity 4 server integrated with AD and the CCM 3 Cluster before any user migrates across to the CUCM 6 platform - i.e. they will be registered to CCM 3 but using Unity on the CUCM 6 cluster.

Both CCM 3 & CUCM 6 Clusters are connected by ICT to support the migration strategy. All manipulation of call routing will be made to support the site migrations via the ICT.

What I am not sure about is when a User on the CCM 3 cluster sends calls to Unity 5 (on the CUCM 6 Cluster) by having CFNA, CFB etc set-up, does RDNIS information get propogated across the ICT so that the caller gets presented to the correct voicemail box ?

Also, when a User hits the Messages key on his phone connected to CCM 3 and the call is routed across the ICT, will RDNIS be presented so that the user hits their Mailbox and not the standard Unity greeting ?

Anyone done this migration strategy before ?

Many thanks,

Matt

Views
Helpful
Replies