cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

RE: MCS and UCS servers in a cluster

Hello,

I have a customer that has a cluster of three MCS Servers (one Publisher and two Subscribers). They want to expand the IPT solution by

extending to a new location, but still in the same cluster.

I know I can place a new MCS Server at the new location to act as Subscriber 3, but is it also possible to use a UCS server (especially BE6k server) at the new location?

That is, can we have a combination of MCS and UCS servers in one cluster?

Also, are MCS servers still orederable from Cisco?

Note that relocating one subscriber from the old to new office is not an option for the customer.

I will appreciate prompt answers.

Regards,

Peter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

OK, so, the only problem I see here, is that you want to use a 6K in the mix, the 6K is limited in the number of users/devices you can have, as well as the OVAs you can use on it. If you have a 6K in the mix and the rest are MCSs, TRCs/spec based or 3rd party spec based, that's fine, but then, that 6K needs to hold the PUB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
3 REPLIES

You can have a mixed environment but its not recommended. In regards to the MCS servers, they're end of sale.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/7800-series-media-convergence-servers/end_of_life_notice_c51-699263.html

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Purple

Hi Peter,

In addition to what Yosh[+5] has said,from CUCM version 10 onwards, only virtualisation is supported.

regds,

aman

Cisco Employee

OK, so, the only problem I see here, is that you want to use a 6K in the mix, the 6K is limited in the number of users/devices you can have, as well as the OVAs you can use on it. If you have a 6K in the mix and the rest are MCSs, TRCs/spec based or 3rd party spec based, that's fine, but then, that 6K needs to hold the PUB.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content