cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Read/Get SNMP from Cisco phones

jamesbruce
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to read/get snmp information from cisco phones? I have snmp enabled on the call manager and subscriber, but can't find a way to read snmp info from the phones. Is that possible? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Nope, no MIBs are available for actual phones.

david

Hi

The following is configuration to be done for getting the SNMP traps for Phones, as per CUCM manual:

Configuring CISCO-CCM-MIB Trap Parameters

Unified CM and Unified CM BE only:

Use these guidelines to configure CISCO-CCM-MIB trap settings on your system:

Set ccmPhoneFailedAlarmInterval (1.3.6.1.4.1. 9.9.156.1.9.2 to a value in the range 30-3600 by using the SNMP Set operation; for example, use the net-snmp set utility to set this OID value from the linux command line using: snmpset -c

-v2c

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.9.2 .0 i

You can also use any other SNMP management application for the SNMP Set operation.

Set ccmPhoneStatusUpdateAlarmInterval (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.9.4) to a value in the range 30-3600 by using the SNMP Set operation; for example, use the net-snmp set utility to set this OID value from the linux command line using:

snmpset -c

-v2c

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.9.4.0 i

You can also use any other SNMP management application for the SNMP Set operation.

But can someone help me in getting the Linux CLI prompt in CUCM, as these commands are to given on Linux CLI, or is there a mistake in my understanding.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: