Views
Helpful
Replies

Ready/Not Ready notification on main screen

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I am deploying an IPCC Express implementation right now utilizing the IP Phone Agent. Its working perfectly but the client has a request to show some type of notification on state on the main phone screen (7941)...whether its a softkey that shows Ready or Not Ready or any type of notification which would alleviate the user having to go into services to see their state.

Thanks in advance,

JG

8 Replies 8

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Currently the only status indication for an IP Phone Agent is the status on the services. That is, the user needs to go into the services to view the status. There is no feature as of now to show the state in the main phone screen.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

If you have a spare button on the 7941's you can assign a service (Login/Logout) to the button for 1 touch access;

Adding a Cisco IP Phone Service to a Phone Button

In addition to adding a Cisco IP Phone Service, so it is available to users on their phones, you can assign the service to a phone button that is configured as a service URL. This gives the user one-button access to the service without using the services button on the IP phone.

Perform the following steps to add a service to a service URL button:

1. Add the service to Cisco CallManager

2. Customize a phone button template by configuring a Service URL button

3. Add the customized phone button template to the phone

4. Subscribe the service to the phone

5. Add the service URL to a phone button

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6bd.html#wp1042573

Configuring Service URL Buttons

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed74c.html#wp1206548

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I already have that configured but they wanted to be able to see their Ready/Not Ready status on their main screen.

Thanks anyways!

JG

Dera JG

i think you can do it as Idle URL in each phone and assign 1 second for idle time so in unactiviyt time this url appear and the state always in screen

"http://IP_address:6293/ipphone/jsp/sciphonexml/IPAgentInitial.jsp"

That is what I ended up doing!

Thanks everyone for your input!

JG

I ad the same issue , I then used the

idle url as well , but i used the "one button login" url , with parameters. however this idle service opens in a "tab" on the phone screen(7961) is there a way around this ?

JJ

Only problem with idle url is that doesn't everyone have to have the idle url, or is there a way to just have it for a group of phones. Another option I have used is a workflow trigger that pushes an IP Service that displays stats such as ready-not ready state.

Mark

Hi all.

I'm trying to don the same thing except I wish that my agents wish to log in via CTI and then be able to see their ready/not-ready state on the IP Phone.

does the idle-URL method work in this case? (I'm a Cisco noobie!) :)