Views
Helpful
Replies

real-time voice transcription

David Perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any software out there that can do real-time voice transcription. Obviously something that can integrate with CUCM and/or a Cisco 7900 or 9900 series phone. Basically we are looking for a solution for 1 of our users who has a hard time keeping up with what our customers say. It would be helpful for him to be able to view and read a transcribed version of the phone call on his computer.

We've tried using Dragon NaturallySpeaking from Nuance by connecting the 9971 to a computer via the external audio out port on the 9971. Unfortunately the software transcribes the call poorly. We also looked into ClearCaptions, but they are no longer offering their software.

Thank you in advance, 

3 Replies 3

craftd2010
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user with the same need. Have you found a solution?

craftd2010,

Please see attached. I'm not sure how old it is. It does show ClearCaptions as a solution, so it's probably a little dated, but there are some other solutions mentioned in there that might be viable if they were looked into.

Other than that, I opened a TAC case about this recently and here was the official reply:

Ben,

Yes, ClearCaptions has discontented their service. I will let you know that our Voice Collaboration Group (VCG) has funded Tenacity Corportation and Hamilton TRS to develop a new service, Tenacity Captioning Service (TCS). I¹ve cc¹d Dustin Armstrong from Tenacity as a reference.

The availability for will be later this fall with an option to be a Beta site.

Regards,

Kent Boucher | Accessibility Technical Lead Cisco Systems, Inc. | San Jose CA | kboucher@cisco.com P 408 853 2781 | C 408 655 1150 http://www.cisco.com/go/accessibility

danforth
Level 1
Level 1

ClearCaption now offers a Web portal so that real-time transcription of phone calls appear on your browser.  I believe the transcriber repeats what the caller says and Dragon Naturally Speaking (trained on the transcribers voice) translates the voice to text.

I have used ClearCaptions Clarity Ensamble phone and the Web service and they both work.  I must say that I just switched from AT&T for my WiFi to Cisco which is now free at my apartment complex.  I also jettisoned AT&T for a soft phone (VoIP) that I now use with ClearCaptions Web.  It all works quite nicely.

I am deaf.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: