cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recognition of Pulses on Voice Gateway/CCM

ibrahimsiddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Any knows that how to recognize the pulses on Voice Gateway/CCM to generate the billing records on run time.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In short, recognition of metering pulses are not supported by voice gateways. You might work something out if these are over ISDN as AOC, but even then is complicated.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks a lot, I have checked the AOC specification, which requires the MGC Software and MGC is a part of PGW 2200 Switch and for PGW Softswitch deployment some other components are also required like ITPs/MTPs.

We have a ISDN PRI which is terminated on the Voice Gateway and then VG is connected to CCM over the IP Network, is there any other workaround to generate the billings on run time basis in a CCM - VG Scenario.

Hi,

First of all I would check the AOC are sent via "debug isdn q931". The, based of "show isdn history" you can work some kind of script that polls the router and save the AOC information in some kind of call database. All this would be custom made.

If you use some reputable billing solution for CCM like stonevoice, these would be be able to make a much better work once you program the various costs per call.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does

I have checked the Stone Voice Billing Software and it's cost analysis on fixed rate basis that we have to define a pre-define list into it.

What I am looking for; by understanding the pulses received on the Voice Gateway CCM/VG would be able to send pulse information (RATE INFORMATION) to any other components like VG/CCM/Third Party Software on the run time basis. If telco changes one of the rate like calling from UAE to USA tomorrow so Cisco Devices can able to understand the pulses (change rate) dynamically rather by entering the rates manually in some third party software.

Yes, what I'm telling you is that this is not supported and I'm not aware of any third-party product that can do that.

Independently, if you want a voip-based alternative for cheap calling anywhere in the world, please contact me at the address in my profile.

Hi Paul

I looking for a voip-based for cheap calling .If you any that can work in the CCM and CIsco scenary please let me know

I was trying the "talkswith" but it does work with CISCO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: