Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

recommended port config for avaya ipphone

Guys,

We have a mix of avaya ip phones and cisco in our environment. I was wondering what's the best settings to be configured on the interface to which the avaya phone is connected.Also, how can i also ensure avaya phones connected to this port get the necessary QoS settings?

Here's what i have

interface FastEthernet1/0/18

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan x

switchport voice vlan x(this should set up a trunk port with the ipphone as well right?)

any help would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: recommended port config for avaya ipphone

Hi Stephan,

I have not used Avaya IP Phones but I did come across a thread with an answer to these questions from Kleo. There is Switchport and QoS recommendations for Avaya phones using Cisco Switches;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Video%20over%20IP&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd98f89/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, this is very helpful information!!!

Silver

Wait, the Avaya phones use QoS? Just kidding. They actually have very limited capabilities and most phones only use CoS at the layer 2 level, not IP DSCP end-to-end.

Views
Helpful
Replies