cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recorded calls are getting bad after 2.40 minutes (ANDTek)

Frank Janka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have got a problem with recording at a CUCM 9. The problem only occurs when a call comes/goes  directly from the PSTN to the recorded phone. In this case the call gets recorded normally and after 2.40 minutes we get a drop of every 2nd packet.

Internal calls are not affected. Also when a internal phone is called from PSTN and gets transfered to a recorded phone it works fine. We proved that the problem is not on the ANDTek side.

I figured out that the streams are going over the MTPs and when this happens the recordings are going bad.

Any Ideas?

Kind regards

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Grab CallManager traces for a call so we can see why the MTP is being allocated for the recording leg.  Eliminating the MTP will hopefully resolve the issue.

There are some bugs with IPVMS on VMWare that sometimes cause audio issues.  Can you attach a packet capture from the recording server for one of these example calls?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Grab CallManager traces for a call so we can see why the MTP is being allocated for the recording leg.  Eliminating the MTP will hopefully resolve the issue.

There are some bugs with IPVMS on VMWare that sometimes cause audio issues.  Can you attach a packet capture from the recording server for one of these example calls?

Thanks Brian, this was the right way. Without using MTPs the error is gone.

I'm experiencing the same issue, I'm using Verint and CUCM9.

With or without MTP/MGRL.

Do you my sharing your mtp configurations on gw? 

lekgotla_mothupi@yahoo.com

wilmer_1282004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Frank,

Had the same issue last month which started after our upgrade to CUCM 9 but we are not doing recording instead live monitoring where audio gets garbled after exactly 2:47 minutes. Resolved with TAC by configuring IOS MTP and use that as primary in MRGL. Might work for you too.

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: