Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording SIP phone- CUCM 8.5.1

I am setting up recording (Eventide VR-725) with a 7962. Looks like I have it using BIB.

BUT, is there a way to record a virtual SIP phone?

This is a DN on an Avtec dispatch console. It is using SIP but no actual instrument.

Is there a way I can get it to record on my Eventide?

Mark

3 Replies 3

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Probably not directly on the SIP phone itself, unless it has a feature to do that. I am not familar with the Avtec application.

You could do it by SPANing the switch port to a recording server that supports span recording.

If you have a CUBE with SIP trunks you could use newer network based recording (media forking) feature on CUBE (IOS). 

I can try to give it a go- since it is a 'virtual' phone appearing at two places but I think originating from another it may be a bit of a challenge to SPAN it (have to be an RSPAN).

I don't recall, is there a way to send only specific traffic (phone) when doing a SPAN?

The one I did before was sending everything I believe.

(Cisco 3560X switches).

thanks

Mark

I wanted to do a followup on this.

I got the Avtec SIP phones to record.

I simply have them 'audio forward' to the recorder on the proper port (assigned to channel) and they worked fine.

I thought it didn't work right before, but now that the VoIP Gateway (Eventide) is gone it is working just fine.

Mark