cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording via built-in-bridge on 78xx

Evgeny Andreev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Couldn`t configure call recording on 7821 and 7841. Latest firmware sip78xx.10-1-1SR2-1. Recording on the other models (7942, 8945, cisco ip communicator) works fine.

CUCM  8.6.2.23900-10

Zoom CallRec 5.1.4

9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I doubt it is supported on 78XX

You can check the same in CUCM

Cisco Unified Reporting > System Reports > Unified CM Phone Feature List

regds,

aman

No, it has record function.

Cisco 7821SIPRecord

I checked it is supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7821_7841_7861/10_1/english/admin_guide/PA2D_BK_AB3F74DA_00_admin-7821-7841-7861-10_0/PA2D_BK_AB3F74DA_00_admin-7821-7841-7861-10_0_chapter_01010.html#PA2D_RF_T9655107_00

Apologoizes for the same.

regds,

aman

Hi.

Did you configure call recording profile , CTI user controlling profile , Sip Trunk to call recorder and Route pattern pointing to Sip Trunk?

Also did you associate the recording profile to DN configured on the phone? 

Please refer to this doc 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/cmfsgd601/fsmr.html#wp1066316

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Yes it's all ok and same like configuration of other phones (whick works fine).

I trace call with wireshark - phone intiates rtp stream to Zoom CallRec. But i couldn't find recording in zoom. Maybe need something configure on the Zoom, but thats strange - all other phones, except 78xx work fine.

Evgeny Andreev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. 

I'm continuing investigation of this problem, and have this:

When cucm initiate sip session to zoom call rec it sends "from" field in sip message as anonymous@anonymous. You can see it in screenshot of wireshark in attachement.

Real call sip session (not recording) has normal "from". 

Оther telephones works fine, except 78 series.

Hi,

We have the same issue with 7841 (same firmware, CUCM 8.6.2).

How did you solve the issue ?

Thank you for your answer,

Gratienne

Dilyan Dimov
Level 1
Level 1

If the call is missing in the Web UI, then the problem is in the JTAPI. First of all, do you see these records there and do they appear as "no streams recorded" calls?

robbannon
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post but I just had a similar problem and couldn't find any fix online. We were using CUCM 8.0 and CUCM 8.6, recording was working fine on 7841s. Then after an upgrade to CUCM 11, it stopped. We use built in bridge for recording, but it was not setting up for these calls.

The problem turned out to be that MLPP was enabled. As such the busy trigger needed to be increased to 3 or more, or disable MLPP (on the enterprise, common device configuration or on the phone itself).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: