Views
Helpful
Replies

Redial from Cisco phone 8961 to external destination

Liran Farazis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM cluster version 9.1.1.21017-2 and we are using two models of phones : SCCP 6945 & SIP 8961.

When one of the users with 6945 model try to call to an external destination and the destination is busy or dont answer and then try to press the redial button everything is working ok and its redial to the last external destination but when user with 8961 model try to press the redial button after trying to call again to unanswer destination it calls to the last answered destination.

Cisco phone 8961 upgraded to the latest version.

anyone have an idea what is wrong here ? why the 8961 phone doesnt dial to the last destination ?

P.S: On another customer with the same cisco phone and CUCM version 9.x this is working as expected.

Thanks,

Liran.

11 Replies 11

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Does redial button works for any other number (internal numbers)?

And also please send debug voice ccapi inout from your voice gateway for both the calls(normal dial and redial).

Rate all the helpful post.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

Thanks for your replay!

redial button works great for internal numbers.

the redial button work great for external numbers that were answered too.

attached two files:

1- dial external destination and answer it.

2- dial external destination without answer and then press the redial button (then it dial to the first external destination).

Thanks,

Liran.

Hi Liran,

what is the firmware version u are using for 8961 phones on which you are facing this issue?

regds,

aman

Logs didn't helped much , its more seems to be bug with the phone firmware , which setting unanswered call as invalid number. Please verify firmware version as Aman pointed out.

Thanks

Manish

piyujain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Liran,

I found a bug CSCti63677 for this issue.. This bug is valid on 99XX and 89XX SIP Phones..

Regards,

Piyush

Hi Piyush,

thanks for sharing the bug[+5]

It seems Liran needs to upgrade the phone firmware.

regds,

aman

Liran Farazis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for replayes and sorry for the delay.

I saw that the bug is on Cisco Unified IP Phones 9900 Series and I have this on 8961 model.

additionally, the phone on customer site running the last version (9.4.1) and still the same problem.

someone have another idea ?

BR,

Liran.

Hi Liran,

Suggest opening case with Cisco.

regds,

aman

Hi Aaman,

thnaks for your replay.

I preffer to wait with this case because this is a minor issue.

Liran.

Hi Liran,

If u can try degrading one of the phone firmware to 9.3(4) and check.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I tried it with no success.

Thanks,

Liran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: