Views
Helpful
Replies

Redial with CCM

s.schiassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to prefix a 0 to all the outgoing calls in order to use the redial button on the phones. Let's say I receive a call from the number 02010304, when I hit the redial button I would need the callmanager to prefix a 0 in the outbound direction in order to place a call to 02010304. I don't want the prefix to be added while entering the system because mobile numbers do not begin with a 0. Any idea?

thank you

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can use a translation pattern to match the dialled number range (e.g 02xxxxxx) then prefix a 0.

Alternately you could set up new route patterns that match the same pattern and prefix the 0.

Mobile numbers which would presumably have a different number range (e.g. 07xxxxxx) wouldn't match and therefore wouldn't get the prefix.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

Is there any other feedback on this, I'm running into the same problem.

Using MGCP PRI gateways

Users have to dial a 0 for an outside line. So to dial a number on the PSTN, they would dial 0083...... But when a call comes in from the PSTN, it shows as 083...... So the redial button doesn't work. They could just press the EditDial softkey in the redail menu and insert the extra 0, but it's not ideal.

I would like to add the leading 0 when calls come into the gateway (edit the calling number from the PSTN).

Regards

Wesley Versfeld

I had a same problem previuosly and I did solve it by adding two route patterns one to match the directly dialed numbers (i.e 052XXXXXXX) and the other to match the redialed numbers (first digit-stripped numbers) (i.e 52XXXXXXX)

and it works fine

hth

/majdi

A simple solution to a complex problem, thanks! I will try that.

Regards

Wesley Versfeld

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: