Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Redirect calls to a local phone if Trunk SIP fails

Hello,

I have a CME with an operator phone (9376).

Extern calls must not contact operator directly, so I use following rule to translate called number, and send call to SIP trunk (Unity Connection):

dial-peer voice 10 pots

trunkgroup Trunk_BRI

description ### Appels entrants - RTC ###

translation-profile incoming Appels_Entrants_RTC

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

!

voice translation-profile Appels_Entrants_RTC

translate calling 10

translate called 11

!

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /^/ /00/

!

voice translation-rule 11

rule 1 /^9376/ /9076/

Call goes on SIP trunk by this way :

description ### Appels sortants - Trunk SIP ###

preference 1

destination-pattern [2,9]...

session protocol sipv2

session target sip-server

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

But if the SIP trunk fails, I want make possible for extern calls to contact directly operator. So I change sip-ua timers and do the following translation with preference 2:

dial-peer voice 102 voip

description ### Appels sortants - Trunk SIP - HS ###

translation-profile outgoing Keep_Std_Local

preference 2

destination-pattern [2,9]...

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.65.33.62

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

IP address is CME itself, and rule translate number previously translated in its original extension:

voice translation-profile Keep_Std_Local

translate called 21

!

voice translation-rule 21

rule 1 /^9076/ /9376/

I think it may exists something less complicated, can you help me ?

Thanks,

Clement

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Clement,

Your idea is good and I would have done it the same way. I am not sure you have too many options. Another alternative is to change the opeators internal extension to something other than 9376. Eg 9300.

With this approach when a call comes in as 9376, you send it directly to the sip trunk without any xlation, when the sip trunk fails, you then xlate it to 9300..With this you only have one xlation.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Clement,

Your idea is good and I would have done it the same way. I am not sure you have too many options. Another alternative is to change the opeators internal extension to something other than 9376. Eg 9300.

With this approach when a call comes in as 9376, you send it directly to the sip trunk without any xlation, when the sip trunk fails, you then xlate it to 9300..With this you only have one xlation.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Hello,

I agree, but because extension is in use, I can't change it without changing all employees behaviour!

So I keep it!

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content