cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect calls to junk voice mail account

swaro2000
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who is getting plenty of unsolicited calls. Currently, he is screening the calls & hitting iDivert to send the call to his voice mail. We have reached a point where these calls are a bit too many & clogging his voice mail box. He now has to spend a lot of time sorting thru his legitimate & unsolicited voice mails. I have created another voice mail account in Unity 5. Is there anyway I can add a softkey or assign the free button on his 7941 phone to send these calls to the new junk voice mail account?

CCM - 4.3(2)

7941 - SCCP41.8-3-3SR2S

1 Reply 1

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Create a New Voice mail profile and give name like transf-to-Vm.

The voice mail box mask is assigned the wildcard XXXXX to match a five-digit dialing plan. If four-digit dialing is used, set this wildcard to XXXX.Whatever the dialing plan, this wildcard matches the dialed digits starting from the right. Anything that precedes the digits that are matched by the mask is stripped.

You must create a new CTI route point. This device is configured just like any other with a device pool, calling search space, and location. This is a CTI route point that will never be registered by any CTI application, and it should not be associated to any users in the directory.

The configuration on the CTI route point line makes this all possible. For example, the Directory Number is set to *15XXX. This setting can just as easily be *XXXXX to forward to all mail boxes, or something as granular as *15654 to forward to just one user mailbox.So 15654 will be your junk voice mail box number. Choose the voice mail profile that you created in the section Configuration of the Voice Mail Profile for the Voice Mail Profile field, and select Forward All to voice mail under Call Forward and Pickup Settings.

Now you can assign a direct transfer softkey for the specific phone in the ringing state.

Now any call coming to this phone can be directed to the junk mailbox by direct transfer using *15654 .

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: