cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirecting out of a MGCP GW in SRST mode - 4 digit or E.164?

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM version 6.  MGCP GW router.  Dial Plan is 4 digit dialing.  In CUCM, the External Phone Number Mask is set to full E.164.

When the GW fails over to SRST mode, I know that the ephone is automagically created with the 4 digit DN. 

Question 1 - Is there also a secondary number created reflecting the full E.164 so enable to phone to ring for both 4 digit and full E.164 number calls?

Question 2 - If the answer to Question 1 is yes, what number is forwarded out of the gateway on redirects (for example, redirecting a UCX) - the 4 digit primary or the E.164 secondary?

Jeff

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jeff,

1) Your phones will register as ephones with the DN that they register to CUCM with.

So if in CUCM they are 4 digit then this will be be the same in SRST.

They will not register as E164.

You will need to add a translation profile to show the full outbound CLI if needed.

May be if you post the SRST router config more help can be offered

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Alex -  Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the phones will register with 4 digits.  The question is - will they additionally register with the full E.164?

My client does not have an issue right now - the question has been asked about accessing UCX while in SRST mode (assuming that the UCX cluster is still accessible).

So, Im doing the research to find out what redirecting number will be sent out while in SRST mode.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: