Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

redundancy between cucm

I have two call manager server and i would have almost 2000 ip phones. I want to make redundancy between both. I have read out the option that subscriber be the active and publisher be the back. It will be the1:1 or same 1:2 redundancy. And if my subscriber fails then all network will be failed. Because my publisher is working as a backup. In this model i think that i am not going to make any redundancy. Then please somebody tell me how can i get redundancy with having only two cucm servers.

pankaj sharma
1 REPLY
Green

redundancy between cucm

Hi,

For just 2 servers PUB & SUB working.

Make sure that the "Call Manager" service is running on both.

You have 2 options for redundancy and they are both controled by your "CALL MANAGER GROUPS"

OPTION 1)

Create a Call Manager Group with the order SUB then PUB lets say called CMGROUP1

Put this CM group in all your device pools.

This will mean that all phones/devices will register with the SUB and failover to the PUB should the SUB go dowm

OPTION 2)

Create another Call Manager Group with the order PUB then SUB lets say called CMGROUP2

Create at least 2 device pools say DEVPOOL 1 & DEVPOOL2

Assign CMGROUP1 to DEVPOOL1 & CMGROUP2 to DEVPOOL2

Assign 50% of your phones/devices to each DEVICE pool

Now if ONE of your servers fail then only 50% will need to re home.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies