Views
Helpful
Replies

redundancy H323 E1 gateway

btaillan85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two E1 gateway which are registered with cucm with H323 protocol.

I have a route list with these gateways. Calls are distributed circulary between gateways

When the E1 link is down on a gateway, cucm send always the call to this gateway but this call is unreachable without E1 link.

I don't know if we have a command on the gateway to send a trap to the cucm to be not available when E1 link is down.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM will always send the call to the selected GW as there is no way for CUCM to control the status of individual PRI (E1) with H323, the GW will send approrpiate rejection code back to CUCM in case a particular PRI is down/un available. Here depending on CUCM configuration (the 2 referenced service parameters) the call will be either extended to second Route Group or not. If you want to attempt to route the call to second GW you would need to set the 2 service parameters to FALSE, default is TRUE.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

This is a regular topic - you should really search the forums first.

Here's an example : https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2125709

Set those service parameters Chris mentions.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also, if by E1 you mean WAN connections on the router you may want to use busy out monitor feature, see similar thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3532359#3532359

Chris

btaillan85
Level 1
Level 1

E1 is a telephony service provider link.

If I want to give a busy for an inbound call to my service providerwhen my lan link is down, I must use busy out monitor

But my question is when my E1 service provider link is down I don't want to route the outbound call to this gateway. I must configure these option in cucm:

Stop Routing on User Busy Flag" and "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag" set to FALSE?

Regards

CUCM will always send the call to the selected GW as there is no way for CUCM to control the status of individual PRI (E1) with H323, the GW will send approrpiate rejection code back to CUCM in case a particular PRI is down/un available. Here depending on CUCM configuration (the 2 referenced service parameters) the call will be either extended to second Route Group or not. If you want to attempt to route the call to second GW you would need to set the 2 service parameters to FALSE, default is TRUE.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi,

Here is another pointer.

When an H323 call hits the gatway and the E1 trunk is down
the pots dial peer will be down too.

The gateway will respond with a "Number Unallocated" code 1 (or 404 SIP).

Hoever if the following line is added to the Gateway config:-

!
no dial-peer outbound status-check pots
!

Now when the E1 trunk is down the Gateway will respond with
a "No circuit/channel available" code 34 (or 503 SIP).

Call Manager will then respond by cotinuing to search through the
relevant Route Group/Gateways for the next Gateway port.

Please see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_d1_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1459139

This is a suitable solution for both H323 & SIP gateways with
E1 ports from CUCM.

Regards
Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I've always preferred the gateway approach too. I've always wondered if there is any technical reason why one is better than the other though?

I choose the gateway approach, as I view it as a gateway problem, so I prefer to fix it there, and avoid changing the global CUCM parameter.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: