Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redundant PRI lines = different caller ID

This sounds like a stupid question, but how do you guys generally deal with adding redundant phone lines to a office? If you go with say 2 or 3 different carriers to give you redundancy, then your users will have different Caller Id depending on the carrier that you use for outbound.

Most carriers I deal with wont carry a DDi range from another carrier so I am not sure how best to approah this one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

In my experience if you ask to disable ANI screening most carrier are able to do this. Not only do you want it for this type of setup, but also to make single number reach, call forward, etc work properly and present the caller's caller ID when calls arrives from PSTN.

HTH,

Chris

3 REPLIES

You need to separate inbound from outbound calling when you talk about trunk redundancy as there is no way to deliver DIDs from one carrier onto another carrier trunks. So, for inbound if you require redundancy have multiple trunks from the same carrier (assuming PRI), for outbound you can use different carriers and depending on the carrier can ask to remove ANI screening so that you can outpulse any DID.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris, this is what I figured, its just that I find it extremely difficult to get carriers to honour caller id when it comes from another carrier....hence this means that you have to set expectations to users that CLI will be different when using different PRI lines....

In my experience if you ask to disable ANI screening most carrier are able to do this. Not only do you want it for this type of setup, but also to make single number reach, call forward, etc work properly and present the caller's caller ID when calls arrives from PSTN.

HTH,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content