Views
Helpful
Replies

redundant voice gateway each with 1 E1 Line to PSTN

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

i am looking for configuration example with 2 cisco Voice gateway each with 1 E1 Line connected  to PSTN Provider to achieve high availability

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing unique about the GW configuration to make them redundant, they have to have matching configuration as all control is done on the call server i.e CUCM.  If using SIP for example you would have matching dial-peers on each GW and CUCM would route calls to redundant GW when needed.

Chris

Hi Chriss

thanks for your reply

we have H323 , configured but i m looking for configuration example

thanks

GW configuration or CUCM configuration?

There is nothing to the redundant GW that you would need beyond your existing GW configuration. If you are concerned about your existing config post it and we can provide feedback.

On CUCM side simply put both GWs into the same Route Group, or build new Route group pointing to the GW and add it to the existing Route List as second route group.

Chris

Hi

thanks for your reply

can i load sharing the inbound and outbound call over these 2 E1s?

thanks

Sure, just make sure the carrier puts them in the same trunk group for inbound redundancy, outbound is all in your control.

just configure second router as first

ask provider to send the same inbound calls to second E1 if first fails

on CUCM make second gateway like first and route pattern like first

As suggested by others, inbound redundancy (Load balancing) should be done by the service provider, So they need to need to be from the same service provider (part of the same trunk).

Outbound is to add both the gateways in the RG and using circular algorithm.

Regards,

Praveen.

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thanks for this question and solved my query.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: