Views
Helpful
Replies

reg partitions

karthik ratna
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

2 phones in same lan call internally it will check css or it directly check matiching DN ?

bcoz phone1 : 500100 having partition : pt-global-line  and  phone2 : 500101  partition : pt-global-line

If phone1 dials 101 call gets to phone2 , translation pattern : 1XX partition : pt-global-tr  called party mask : 100XXX

For css of the phones : css-global-line , which dont have partition : pt-global-tr ( which used for translation pattern)  , i wonder how call is passing to phone2 as it doesnot have partiton pt-global-tr

now my question is how call is maturing

Kindly help me on this

Thanks in advance

karthik 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You ALWAYS check CSS no matter who you're calling, you reach the other end via the TP, he's the middle man for the call as you don't dial 500101, you dial 101.

I recommend you to read the dial plan chapter from the SRND to fully understand CUCMs routing logic

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

karthik

The phone will look up the CSS on the line 1st

Then the CSS on the actual phone next.

Their must be a 3 to 6 digit tranlation somewhere or you would need to dail the full 6 digits between the lines.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Look at the dependancy records for Partition

pt-global-line

Does this have a 3 to 6 digit translation associated probably starting like 1XX

Which is translating 1xx to 5001xx

Regards

Alex

hi,

i have verified dependeny records nothing matches with translation pattern , i have verified all translation pattern , no partition involves in css which is placed in phone1 but how call was maturing , as it needs to match the partition of translation pattern for taking effect

please help me on this

thanks

karthik

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You ALWAYS check CSS no matter who you're calling, you reach the other end via the TP, he's the middle man for the call as you don't dial 500101, you dial 101.

I recommend you to read the dial plan chapter from the SRND to fully understand CUCMs routing logic

HTH

java

HTH

java

karthik

The phone will look up the CSS on the line 1st

Then the CSS on the actual phone next.

Their must be a 3 to 6 digit tranlation somewhere or you would need to dail the full 6 digits between the lines.

Regards

Alex

Try with DNA, it will tell you what you're matching

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi alex,

Thanks i was missing small point here