Views
Helpful
Replies

regarding cucm

karthik ratna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have plotted some users in opickup group , as they are having pickup group in their team

And i have kept

call pickup group notification policy : as audio and visual Alert

call pickup group timer : 1

Now if they are getting calls the user is telling that their is no indication that call is coming to another member , but according to my scenario they must  get alert

Kindly help me on this plz its urgent

Thanks in advance

Karthik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Karthik,

Sadly, Pickup Notification only works for member phones within the same Pickup group.

Here is how the wording read when the feature was first introduced in CCM 4.2.x

Call Pickup Notification

This new feature allows users to receive an audio and/or visual alert when a call rings on a phone in pickup groups in which they are a member. For multiple line phones, the alert is available for pickup groups associated with the primary line only.

Here is how the feature notes read nowadays Which isn't quite as clearly stated;

Call Pickup Notification

The Call Pickup Notification feature provides an audio or visual, or both, notification on Cisco Unified IP Phones when other members of a pickup group receive a call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

which CUCM version do you use?

---

Posted by WebUser Raimo Koenner

Hi ,

Thanks for your response

We are using 7.1.3

thanks

Karthik

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

and have you added under device --> phone line --> Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings the right pickup group?

---

hi,

yes everything is working fine , even he can pick the calls of other group , issue is only with alerting on the phone when call gets to another number

Thanks

Karthik

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

sorry, when I ask, it's for my better understanding, so that I get a picture foryour problem. The issue prompts only, when he will pickup a call for a user of the same pickup group?

Maybe set the pickup group notification timer a little bit higher and tell me, what is the result

---

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Karthik,

Sadly, Pickup Notification only works for member phones within the same Pickup group.

Here is how the wording read when the feature was first introduced in CCM 4.2.x

Call Pickup Notification

This new feature allows users to receive an audio and/or visual alert when a call rings on a phone in pickup groups in which they are a member. For multiple line phones, the alert is available for pickup groups associated with the primary line only.

Here is how the feature notes read nowadays Which isn't quite as clearly stated;

Call Pickup Notification

The Call Pickup Notification feature provides an audio or visual, or both, notification on Cisco Unified IP Phones when other members of a pickup group receive a call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html

Cheers!

Rob

hi rob,

you are always helping hand to many

thanks for giving response

document is confusing as you said

we are having scenario , that user wants to pick the calls of other , but other ppl is having their own pickup group

ex: 5 managers wants to pickup the calls with each other , in that 4 managers already having their own pickup group with their team , as they dont want to miss any calls b/w managers

sales manager can pick the calls of another managers and only sales team like that and also they want alerting when other phones are getting calls with in managers and their team

Any suggestions plz ?

thanks

karthik

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Karthik,

You are always welcome my friend

The only rule that matters here is that only members of the "same"

Pickup group can receive Audio/Visual notification. So it's really an either/or

situation for the managers.

They can either have Audio/Visual notification for the other manager's lines

or for the members of their own group. They can't have it both ways unless they

were all in one big group

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: