Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

registering phones to distant ccme

dear folks,

i have two routers one 2800 and 3800.

3800 is at main site and 2800 at remote branch.

now what i want is to make phones at remote branch(2800) to register at the main site(3800). and all calls should go through main site(3800)router for thatwe have a lease line between these routers of 128kbps. i have proper connectivity between two sites as i can reach all IP address in other side.

your suggestions will be highly regarded.

11 Replies 11

any help there..

Are you using DHCP at the remote site? If so, did you setup the Option 150 for your Cisco TFTP server? Are you getting any error messages on the phone at the remote sites?

thanks for speedy reply,

we are using the DHCP at remote site.

the cisco phones are getting the TFTP if i connect it to the remote router only but i want it to use the main site for registering.

so that it will call from main site.

if i give the TFTP server IP as the main site TFTP server then it will keep on showing configuring ccmlist.

So are you saying the phones will register at the remote site if you use a TFTP server that's at the remote site? But if you put the TFTP server of the main site, the phones won't register?

From the remote site, can you ping the TFTP server of the main site?

Can you give examples of the scheme of your IP subness,subnet mask and default gateway at the main site and at the remote site?

Are you phones set to auto register or do you have them already in CCM?

its possible guys...

finally m done with it.

the phones are getting DHCP from branch office and getting registered to main site.

what i did is i configured telephony services for branch router and put all things for tftp ,router ,default gateway as branch router.

after the phone is up i changed the tftp statically to main site and its working fine.

thx for ur support .

badkarma
Level 1
Level 1

set the option 150 command to be the tftp at the main branch. for instance

main site

call manager publisher = 192.168.32.1

call manager subscriber = 192.168.32.2

remote site

on the route or switch in the dhcp config use the option 150 command and specify the call manager tftp server at the main site of 192.168.32.1

then the phone will load thew config from the main site and hopeully register there.

:)

first of all i want to make it clear that its not call manager its CCME.

i tried putting the tftp of the main site but its not coming up its showing "configuring ccmlist".

can i do one thing that the IP phones can take any but the TFTP it should take from main site??.

i will try this again but i have tried this its not coming if u have ny more ideas then ur most welcome.

I don't know if is it possible a phone located to a branch office could register with a CCME in a main location.

Some time ago it isn't now i don't know

Absolutely possible.

What you have to do is check that the IP network is OK. After that connect the IP phone and it will register, if it doesn't something is wrong in the network configuration.

but u have to make sure the version of ccme is above 3.3

there is lot more to do in this ..now as i have to make the calls to use less bandwidth. if i call from too many phones they start deregistering which is not acceptable.

but overall thanks again for all of your support

ephone xxx

codec g729a

that's it!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: