Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Relationship of master browser and CRS node manager

We had an outage in our call center because the master browser of the callcenter workgroup went into a bug check (different issue). The CRS node manager services on the remaining servers could not 'talk' to any other servers because the master browser went offline (deducted conclusion based on eventlogs on all nodes). The Node Manager attempted to restart, failed to restart then rebooted the machines (all nodes/machines).

My specific question is, if I setup a local hosts files on all IPCC servers (master, backup and addons), would this prevent the node manager from using the Browser service (but instead use the local hosts file) to contact/check the heartbeat of other nodes?

With my NT admin hat on, i would say yes, but I do not know the inner workings of the node manager and if it follows the 'rules' based on the Microsoft TCP/IP Host Name Resolution Order. If it does follow the 'rules' then i would say that we should not see an outage/reboot on every node in the IPCC architecture because the master browser went offline. I did see Document ID: 49860 (http://tinyurl.com/a4ldq) but i don't think the resolution completely addresses the 'problem' in this case (We don't EVER want to rely on the browser service). Thanks for any input. (ciscoOS 4.2sr6, IPCC 4.04 Build140, CCM 4.13SR3a)

Views
Helpful
Replies