Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Relay Calling number to Hunt-Pilot

Hi Support Community,

I am setting a CUCM server and have configured the MGCP Gateway attendant dn as a Hunt-Pilot which rings specfic phones.

I am wondering if there is a way to relay the calling number (external caller from PSTN) to the phones. So when the call comes in, and rings the hunt-list it will show the the persons actual phone number appose to the "From 3010" pilot number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Derrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seems that you are facing this bug:

Configurable parameter on how callingparty is displayed for hunt groups.

CSCth95017

Symptom:
As of phone load 9.x and higher, calls to a hunt pilot show the following format for the calling party on the ringing phone.
From 'Calling Party Name' for 'hunt pilot DN'
i.e. From John Doe for XXXX
The previous format was
From 'Calling Party Name' ('Calling Party Number')
i.e. From John Doe (XXX-XXX-XXXX)
Need a configurable parameter to change the format to the previous format if the customer desires.
Conditions:
Occurs on phone loads 9.0(x) and above.
Workaround:
Downgrade to phone load 8.4.x
Further Information:
New CUCM Service Parameter : "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls When Alerting"
Default Value : True ? Default behavior will be new behavior from CUCM 8.x . For customers who want the previous behavior of CUCM 7.x will have to set this parameter to false after upgrade.
Call Processing Fix from SCCP and SIP Side :
- For Hunt Pilot calls, CUCM will not send Hunt Pilot URI to in outgoing INVITE when this service parameter is false but internally CUCM still treats this call as Hunt pilot call so that we do not break other features.
- For Hunt Pilot calls, CUCM will send the HP URI to phone when this SP is true.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCth95017/?referring_site=ss

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Derrick,

Have you tried to change Calling Line ID Presentation parameter in Hunt Pilot configuration page?

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

I have set it to allowed. See screen shot.

Seems that you are facing this bug:

Configurable parameter on how callingparty is displayed for hunt groups.

CSCth95017

Symptom:
As of phone load 9.x and higher, calls to a hunt pilot show the following format for the calling party on the ringing phone.
From 'Calling Party Name' for 'hunt pilot DN'
i.e. From John Doe for XXXX
The previous format was
From 'Calling Party Name' ('Calling Party Number')
i.e. From John Doe (XXX-XXX-XXXX)
Need a configurable parameter to change the format to the previous format if the customer desires.
Conditions:
Occurs on phone loads 9.0(x) and above.
Workaround:
Downgrade to phone load 8.4.x
Further Information:
New CUCM Service Parameter : "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls When Alerting"
Default Value : True ? Default behavior will be new behavior from CUCM 8.x . For customers who want the previous behavior of CUCM 7.x will have to set this parameter to false after upgrade.
Call Processing Fix from SCCP and SIP Side :
- For Hunt Pilot calls, CUCM will not send Hunt Pilot URI to in outgoing INVITE when this service parameter is false but internally CUCM still treats this call as Hunt pilot call so that we do not break other features.
- For Hunt Pilot calls, CUCM will send the HP URI to phone when this SP is true.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCth95017/?referring_site=ss

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

Thanks for your reply.

I cant seem to locate this Service Parameter.

I navigate to this page as per the bug details. I am running CUCM 8.6

System->"Service Parameters"-> "Cisco Callmanager" -> Click on  "Advanced" ->

I look for "Display Hunt Pilot Name or DN for Hunt Group Calls  When Alerting" but its not there, or anything similar.

Any ideas?

Hi Derrick,

Please check that your system version is one of these:

8.6(2.21023.1)

8.6(4.98000.21)

8.6(2.22900.9)

Kind regards,
Andrew C.

Kind regards, Andrew C.

I am currently running CUCM 8.6.2.10000-14

I see in the bug notes that the service paramerter has been added/bug fixed in the following 8.6 vesions:

8.6(2.21023.1)

8.6(4.98000.21)

8.6(2.22900.9)

What about the the lastest 8.6 version available: 8.6.2.23900-10?

Would that version also have the updated parameter?

Which version of CUCM are you running. This parameter is available in the ff:9.0(0.98000.74),9.0(0.98000.21),8.6(4.98000.21),8.6(2.21023.1),1.9(9.98000.16).

You can also contact TAC to give you an ES (engineering release) Patch to fix this..Please refer to the thread below for  more details:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2164392

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derrick,

I'll just add a note to the great tips from Andrew & Deji (+5 guys!)

In the ReadMe for 8.6.2.23900-10 (8.6(2a)su3) you will see that this bug has been fixed

under this section;

Resolved CUCM Caveats in 8.6(2.23069-1); base ES for 8.6(2a)SU3

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/102724/cucm-readme-862asu3.pdf

So you should be good to go with that version

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band