Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Remote CME users with SRST Fallback

I want to know if the following scenario is possible:

I have a CME in location A handling users in location A. I want to bring up a location B and serve it as remote users off of the CME in location A. My question is can I place an SRST Router in location B in the event of a WAN failure? Does CME support the use of an SRST router in another location?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Remote CME users with SRST Fallback

Hi,

Remote phone support for a centralized CME is supported and will be supported by TAC as long as the requirements in the link that they mentioned are met.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00806a7fe5.html#wp1004881

If each of the remote sites needs local dialtone, meaning that they need to have a connection to the pstn at the remote sites, then the centralized solution (with remote phones registering to the centralized cme) is not supported - and thus will NOT be supported by TAC. If the customer deploys in a centralized model and conforms to the requirements in the link, then TAC will support the deployment and solution.

Views
Helpful
Replies