cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Destination Profile only ONE ring

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

We have a CUCM v 9.1 implementation where our client requires Remote Destination Profile activated, so when anybody call internal DN, called DN and associated Mobile phone will receive and ring the call

Once we completed required configuration to enable this feature, we started  testing it, and we detected that customer's Mobile phones, only generate ONE ring.

During testing we verify:

a) After one ring, the call is dropped (from Mobile phone side), but the call is still ringing on internal called number.

b) Once we answer the call from Mobile phone, the call is dropped on Mobile, but the call is still ringing on internal called number.

We have checked many times the procedure, and inclusive we defined a special CSS for this kind of calls.

I appreciate any help

THANKS a lot.

Enrique Villasana

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to review the ISDN Q931 (or SIP/H323 equivelent) call signaling to determine when the carrier sends a CONNECT message. If CUCM views the call is connected prior to the Answer Too Soon timer expiring, it drops the Remote Destination assuming it got the carrier's voicemail, not the actual user.

Also, keep in mind that most cell phone carrier networks have a 10+ second delay before cell phones start physically alerting the user. I typically raise the Call Forward No Answer timer to around the 24 second mark for these users.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi , 

We are facing same exact problem ,we have CUCM 8.6. I tried fix suggested with Enabling Outbound FastStart and also increasing the No answer time and answer too soon timers with no luck .

Could you please suggest any other settings I need to check 

Hi.
Can you please share a debug isdn q931 (in case of isdn link) and a debug voice ccapi inout?

Please capture the output during a remote destination call.

Thanks
Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you guys, my client was closed until today.

I will test it and let you know the results.

Enrique Villasana

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Hi again !!

Here you have an output of "debug voip ccapi inout" command, during a Remote Destination Profile testing.

The mobile phone number is 7872067379.

I hope this can help !!!

in case:  when we make calls to PSTN numbers (like 7872067379) we don't have any problems.

This rare situation only ocurrs during RDP testitng.

Enrique Villasana

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

Hi guys!.

Something I checked on debug results...

For ISP requirement all local call must have a "1" as prefix, so when we call a local phone number like 7872067379, our router changes this number  to "17872067379".

Could this has relation with my Remote Destination Profile problem???

I appreciate your support.

ev1205
Level 2
Level 2

After we selected option:

"Enable Outbound FastStart"

on proper CUCM voice gateway configuration the problem was solved.

Thanks a lot