cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Destination Profile, Start time and End time.

Candreas2
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue setting up my RDP time. I wanted to have the start time Monday 17:00 and end time Tuesday 8:00am, and I would like to follow the similar pattern from Monday - Friday. What is the best solution for this task?

9 Replies 9

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You can set it to "All Day" and just turn it off everyone morning.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Where do you see turn it off option?

You will need to assign the "Mobility" softkey, to the softkey template assigned to your desk phone. This will allow you turn on or off "Mobile Connect".

Device>Device Settings>Softkey Template>"Select the softkey you wish to edit"

- Click on "Configure Softkey Layout" and add the "Mobility" softkey to the "On Hook" state.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Mobility Softkey Configuration

To configure a Mobility softkey for the phone user that uses Mobile Connect, perform the following procedure:

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Device > Device Settings > Softkey Template.

Step 2 To list the existing templates, click Find.

Step 3 To create the new template, click Standard User and then click Copy.

Step 4 Enter a name and description for the Softkey template and click Save.

Step 5 Select Configure Softkey Layout from the Go next to Related Link menu in the upper, right corner of the window and click Go.

Step 6 Select On Hook from the pull-down list box.

Step 7 Add Mobility to the selected Softkeys and click Save.

Step 8 Select Connected from the pull-down list box.

Step 9 Add Mobility to the selected Softkeys and click Save.

Step 10 Open the Phone Configuration window and associate the Softkey Template with the created Softkey template. See "Configuring Cisco Unified IP Phones" in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide.

Step 11 Choose the Owner User ID for the Mobile Connect phone user.

Step 12 Click Save.

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks. The configuration somehow solving my question. However, I have more specific one. I have two DN's in my phone. When I uncheck the Line Association 1 and check the Line Association2, my mobile connect options shows off and No Mobile Remote Destination found.. Does this tell me that the RD configuration can only configured for the Line Association1 and not Line Association 2?. If this is the case, my question still has issue. I only need the line 2 should forward to my cell phone when I am not at my desk. If someone accidently dial my first DN in the desktop, it will also ring when I am not at my desk. I need that one goes to my regular VM when no answer.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Why don't you just add the extension that you want mobility for under the "Remote Destination Information"? You don't need to add both extensions to the "Remote Destination Information". In other words, you don't need to mirror the line order of your physical phone.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I have tried that options as well. Didn't work. Same as my previous note. Any other suggestions would really appreciable.

Candreas2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. I have done everything you mentioned in the thread. Still I am not able to turn off the time during the office day, and enable starting from 17:00pm to next day 8:00am. Not sure if I am missing anything.

Candreas,

This is what you need to do.

1 - Create a Remote Destination Information and set the "Ring Schedule" to "All Time". Make sure to check the "Associate Line".

2 - Create a Remote Destination Profile and associate the "Remote Destination Information".

3 - Create or alter an existing "Softkey Template" and add the "Mobility" softkey.

4 - Associate the "Softkey Template" to the phone and associate an "Owner User ID" to the phone. Also check the "Enable Mobility" checkbox under the "End User".

5 - When you are in the office, select the "Mobility" softkey and "Disable Mobile Connect". This turns off calls.

6 - When you are leaving the office and want to activate the "Remote Destination", select the "Mobility" softkey and "Enable Mobile Connect". This turns on calls.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: