cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote FXS port CUCM

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following questions, fxs  ports in a remote gateway, can be configured on the CUCM v 5 as a Analog Phone or similar? Can be controlled or registeres these remote fxs port on the CUCM?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In the call manager, go to device-->gateways--> choose your gateway model--> then choose the protocol as SCCP

then configure it with the mac-address of the interface that "sccp local" command specifies on the gateway.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_2/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html#wp1360610

please look for sccp gateway config settings in the above link

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can configure them as MGCP, H323 or SCCP ports.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, Java.

But, How I can enable them whit SCCP?

SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Ports with  Supplementary Features in Cisco IOS Gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t2/ht1vg224.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

but in the configuration of the CUCM, How is the remote gatweway added?

Thanks and Regards

Hi,

In the call manager, go to device-->gateways--> choose your gateway model--> then choose the protocol as SCCP

then configure it with the mac-address of the interface that "sccp local" command specifies on the gateway.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_2/ccmcfg/b06gtway.html#wp1360610

please look for sccp gateway config settings in the above link

hope this helps..

Thank you very much, your answer is perfect and has helped me.

I am trying to configure an FXS port on a remote h.323 gateway. I need to be able to route a translation pattern from the main site to this FXS port. I have CCM 6.1.4. I have configured the port on the router as such in the the remote office.

voice-port 0/3/0
station-id name DeMoss FAX
station-id number 4232672327

dial-peer voice 20 pots
description DeMoss FAX
huntstop
destination-pattern 2099
incoming called-number .
port 0/3/0

How can I point the CCM to this port for DN 2099? I can add the translation pattern later, just want to get the directory number working for testing purposes.

Thanks!

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO

You can just create a route pattern of 2099 and point it to the gateway.  If you are using H323, you cannot do this with a DN...must be a route pattern.

You can, however, configure the fxs port as SCCP controlled, then assign the DN 2099 to it.

Thanks!

I believe that worked!

I looked everywhere and couldn't figure out where I had done the one over a year ago for another office. No wonder I couldn't find the DN.....lol

Ok, now how do I tell the FXS port to call out using our main site's PRI?

You'll need an H323 dial peer with a session target pointing to CUCM.  for example:

dial-peer voice xxx voip

destination-pattern 9.T <--assuming you prefix a 9 for PSTN calls

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x <--cucm

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

codec g711ulaw <--or whatever codec you want to negotiate to cucm.  make sure this matches region settings between the fxs router and the pri router

no vad

This will send the call to cucm, so you should have a route pattern in cucm with something like 9.@ (or whatever your local/LD dial plan is).  Just make sure the CSS of the fxs gateway contains the partition of the route pattern that points to the PRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: