cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Phone Support

lombitsa2
Level 1
Level 1

HELP!!! I need to set up a remote 7960 phone to connect to our CME via a WAN. On the remote end there is a Linksys RV016 router, the phone has a NAT to a global IP address and the TFTP Server address set to the 7960 is the Gateway address of the 3825(CME)router. On the 3825, I have changed the settings to mtp and codec g729r8 so the remote phone uses CME. I have also tried to NAT the CME Service Module to a Global address but still get the the TFTP Timeout error.

19 Replies 19

As you can see, the MAC specific files are aliased to system:/its/XMLDefault7960.cnf.xml, you do more for this file, copy and paste, edit the IP address, configure into a TFTP server local to the phone.

i changed the xml file to look for the CME router and it still timing out

I assume that you have placed the file on a local TFTP server, and the phone is loading it correctly.

I also assume that you have configured the phone for static IP address, netmask, default gateway and TFTP address.

If, please verify IP connectivity, eg ping phone from linksys router.

The phone should be able to register to CME if connectivity is working.

You can verify this opening a web browser on a PC local to the phone, and entering ephone IP address as URL. You should see a page including status messages, debug, etc. Please check and post relevant information here.

DHCP Server 255.255.255.255

BOOTP Server No

MAC Address 001A2FE8BF70

Host Name SEP001A2FE8BF70

Domain Name SME

IP Address 192.168.1.120

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

TFTP Server 1 CME Gateway Router IP

Default Router 1 192.168.1.1

DNS Server 1 205.152.37.23

DNS Server 2 205.152.144.23

Operational VLAN Id

Admin. VLAN Id

CallManager 1 CME Gateway Router

CallManager 2 SRST 192.168.1.1

Directories URL http://CME Gateway Router IP:80/localdirectory

DHCP Enabled No

DHCP Address Released No

Alternate TFTP No

Erase Configuration NO

Idle URL Timer 0

PC Port Disabled NO

SW Port Configuration AUTO

PC Port Configuration AUTO

TFTP Server 2

User Locale

Network Locale United_States

Handset Only Mode No

GARP Enabled Yes

Voice VLAN Enabled Yes

Auto Line Select Enabled No

Video Capability Enabled No

DSCP For Call Control CS3

DSCP For Configuration CS3

DSCP For Services default

Security Mode Non Secure

Web Access Enabled

PC VLAN 0

I was able to ping the phone from the LInksys router (locally) and from the CME Router via the WAN to the Global NAT

Hello,

As I said before, please configure the phone for "TFTP server 1" ato a PC local to the phone, using software like TFTP32 that you can download for free. This PC will have the XML file that you previously copied and edited from CME router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: